Good Husband. Have a biscuit. - A Suburbs Boy Living a Country Life
[Pete and Pam's pages (photos and some commentary)]
[My Flickr Photos]
Good Husband. Have a biscuit.|
That last item is especially crucial this weekend because an organizing frenzy courtesy of @Laura Quinn Anderson plus Nixie being at home with a baby-sitter for most of the week had created an extra-large quantity of garbage for the land-fill. We're going out of town for arisia this coming weekend, so I'm not taking anything next Monday. If I'd missed tomorrow's pickup, we'd have been in big trouble within the next two weeks. Out-of-cycle "dump runs" are a major problem--the dump is on the other side of the county and its hours are not "work-friendly" for us.
- Made several large mugs of tea for prettypammie
- A well-hydrated Pam feels better and gets healthy again faster. A Pam with tea for hydration is a happier Pam.
- Took care of the entire menagerie
- This let Pam lie on the couch or curl up in comfy chair and not have to go out in sub-freezing weather
- Did the grocery shopping
- Family must still eat, even when Mom is "down for maintenance."
- Fetched medicine and other needful things
- With baby and mommy both sick, we have chewed through a lot of tissues and other sundries
- Took Quinn to his piano lesson
- ...also bundling up Nixie and taking her along. This plus a side trip to the Purcellville library ate up some time on the clock and let prettypammie rest and get some sleep for a little over three hours.
- Assisted with other needful things
- Feeding baby's meals, changing and bathing support activities, giving medicines
- Got the garbage to the street
- A measure of the success of any weekend is whether or not the garbage gets to the road before the truck comes on Monday.
Long story short: Good Husband can have a biscuit. Very tired now. Going to sleep.
Current Mood: pleased
U can haz bizkit!
organizing frenzy? REALLY?! Hmmm.... could use one of those myself!
|Date:||February 11th, 2010 01:32 am (UTC)|| |
You want Quinn's number?
She is a goddess!