- PDA when mobile
- Laptop running PlanPlus for Outlook when at the office
My current work situation:
- Both Laptop and PDA forbidden
- Another automation tool for scheduling and tasking
- Access to my Outlook calendar, tasks, and contacts limited (web interface, secondary network, locked-down workstation)
- Appointments I make at work [say, early morning meetings] not getting in to the PDA
- Appointments I make at home [say, doctor appointments?] not getting in to the work calendar system
So, I went to the FranklinCovey store at Tysons Corner and bought an inexpensive compact binder, some filler pages, and some blank, pre-punched, perforated pages that PlanPlus for Outlook is designed to print to. A little experimenting with "manual duplex" and print job options later, and I have filler pages [with known appointments as of now] loaded up in the binder for the next two weeks.
Hopefully "SneakerSync" will work well for me. If you make an appointment with me or set me a task and I don't stop and write it down, enter it in my PDA, or create an appointment or task [as appropriate] in Outlook, you may stare daggers at me or make little throat-clearing noises, ['Song may perform the stompy-feets dance if that works better for her], Glance Significantly at whatever scheduling tool is available to me at that moment, etc., until I get the hint. This goes double for you, prettypammie: you may force compliance by Whatever Means Necessary.