?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Finally, the testimonials! - A Suburbs Boy Living a Country Life [My Flickr Photos]
December 18th, 2004
06:35 pm

[Link]

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Finally, the testimonials!
mama_hogswatch: You are simply one of the coolest people. When you went to find out information on polyamorous families, you saw a void and--rather than complain about it or shrug your shoulders and ignore the problem--you filled it. Lo and behold, not only did you fill it, a community grew out of your nurturing. You put on a good show about "roasting trolls," but I know you more for your fun side, your positive outlook--which you maintain even while battling simultaneous challenges on many fronts.

geminigirl: You are generous, warm-hearted soul. You put up with some serious silliness to maintain an LJ community. Not only that but you were a wonderful host to someone you'd only corresponded with by LJ and e-mail a few times before first meeting. I look forward to continuing to get to know you better.

owenthomas: O Lo Yo Bro! You are the best biological brother I have. I mean that. Truly. I am so proud of you and happy about your successes in your marriage to gregorsf, and your work. I admire your dedication to Ditherati andn your ability to find a quote five days a week, week after week, that can make me laugh--or sometimes cringe--90% of the time or more. (The other 10% I just don't get! ;).

pzyok: Like geminigirl, you're one of those people that I just took to right away. You were so kind to take this "random" LJ-er under your wing and hang out with me while I was spending all that time in Huntsville. You helped make the "off-hours" that much more pleasant and helped me meet the "whole gang." I'm always happy to hear from you. One thing that impresses me is how despite a "series of unfortunate events," you maintain your optimism for the future. "Never give up! Never surrender!" Plus your dog is cute.

lpotter70: One word: "Saint." I know, in part, your LJ is a place to vent and so things might come out to a reader as harsher and more intolerable than you feel after you've got it down in electrons. That said, there were probably dozens of times reading your journal that, were I you, I would have booted your husband, father-in-law, or brother out the door and felt no remorse. You hung in there and supported the whole cast of characters--without killing anyone, or yourself! I'm sorry I've been a lousy correspondent lately, but please "ring me up" any time.

simplykimberly: Did you know your smile transmits via instant messenger? You're obviously a woman of many talents--teacher, chef, writer, (grand)parent. I really love chatting with you, and when I have time reading your journal and the goings-on at the Whomping Willow.

kimeepower: I really don't know you as well as I should like to--but you seem bright and funny, even when you're talking about gloomy and serious topics.

-----
Who'd I miss? Any new requests?

(9 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments
 
[User Picture]
From:elorie
Date:December 18th, 2004 11:37 pm (UTC)
(Link)
**waves** Me, me!
[User Picture]
From:chelona
Date:December 19th, 2004 03:01 am (UTC)
(Link)
I wish....*sigh*
[User Picture]
From:phoenix_glow
Date:December 19th, 2004 02:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
okay, I'll bite. What's my thirty second review! ;)
[User Picture]
From:kimeepower
Date:December 19th, 2004 09:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I do write about gloomy & serious topic huh? That's been me lately. I need to get some happier times in soon. Arisia is comming up, that should be happy, you'll be there right? Hopefully this year won't be as lonely as last year was.
[User Picture]
From:happypete
Date:June 20th, 2005 10:03 pm (UTC)

Be sure to look us up.

(Link)
...this Arisia!
[User Picture]
From:simplykimberly
Date:December 19th, 2004 09:49 pm (UTC)

awww...

(Link)
that's one of the nicest things anyone's said to me - that my smile transmits via instant messenger - thanks! :)
[User Picture]
From:happypete
Date:December 19th, 2004 11:01 pm (UTC)

Re: awww...

(Link)
most of us have to rely on emoticons * grin *
[User Picture]
From:lpotter70
Date:December 21st, 2004 02:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks Pete. It's been rough, realy rough, but I always manage to pull through. One way or another! :o) Thanks for sticking around. (((hugs)))
[User Picture]
From:happypete
Date:June 20th, 2005 10:04 pm (UTC)

still rough, eh?

(Link)
I'm hangin' in there with ya...I hope it gets better, and soon!
Powered by LiveJournal.com