Back... - A Suburbs Boy Living a Country Life
[My Flickr Photos]
Quinn really knows how to make a daddy melt...first off, he now says things like "I mised you very much," and "I love you, Daddy." Okay, that, by itself is enough to melt daddy's into a big pile of mush...but on top of that, watching him process the news that I had to go back to Huntsville, it was obvious that:
- he understood exactly what we meant,
- he thought it was a particularly poor idea
Steps he went through included:
- denial ("I don't want you to go."),
- anger (no hug for daddy),
- bargaining (he suggested that instead of me going on an airplane to go to Alabama to work on projects we go outside to play on the slide),
- grief (still no hug for daddy. insisting that I should "put my bag back down," and finally
- acceptance (asking mommy to open the door so he could come out on the deck and give me a hug, after all).
* melt *
Someone remind me to write my post-Jersey Devil Con report...including the write-up of Quinn dancing every bit as well as the Goths...them in their black jeans and no tops; him in his red-footy-sleeper. I got pictures, although they don't really do the scene justice.
that is SO cute!! I envy your parental moments like this ;)
go ahead, make your own. ;)
lot of work though, don't say I didn't warn you!
Oh Lord, Quinn! Agh! That's darling and heartbreaking all at once!
he has a way of doing that.
Oh My Gods That Is So Cute!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Little kids are amazing, aren't they? I'm going to miss mine here... :(
I wanna see pictures of Quinn in red footy pjs dancing with the Goths! :)
|Date:||April 29th, 2003 06:57 pm (UTC)|| |
e-mail <LJ user=prettypammie>
They're on her laptop!