- he understood exactly what we meant,
- he thought it was a particularly poor idea
Steps he went through included:
- denial ("I don't want you to go."),
- anger (no hug for daddy),
- bargaining (he suggested that instead of me going on an airplane to go to Alabama to work on projects we go outside to play on the slide),
- grief (still no hug for daddy. insisting that I should "put my bag back down," and finally
- acceptance (asking mommy to open the door so he could come out on the deck and give me a hug, after all).
* melt *
Someone remind me to write my post-Jersey Devil Con report...including the write-up of Quinn dancing every bit as well as the Goths...them in their black jeans and no tops; him in his red-footy-sleeper. I got pictures, although they don't really do the scene justice.