The privilege meme... - A Suburbs Boy Living a Country Life
[Pete and Pam's pages (photos and some commentary)]
[My Flickr Photos]
The privilege meme...|
Yes, I'm quite privileged according to this meme. You've seen it a dozen times, so this is just the "not" list. Everything else would have been "bolded."
From What Privileges Do You Have?, based on an exercise about class and privilege developed by Will Barratt, Meagan Cahill, Angie Carlen, Minnette Huck, Drew Lurker, Stacy Ploskonka at Illinois State University. If you participate in this blog game, they ask that you PLEASE acknowledge their copyright.
- 12. The people in the media who dress and talk like me are portrayed positively
- Nope, not realy. Anyone seen Revenge of the Nerds
- 13. Had a credit card with your name on it before you turned 18
- 15. Your parents (or a trust) paid for all of your college costs
- 16. Went to a private high school
- 18. Had a private tutor before you turned 18
- 20. Your clothing was all bought new before you turned 18
- Mostly, not all.
- 21. Your parents bought you a car that was not a hand-me-down from them
- Heck, I like hand-me-down cars
- 26. You had a phone in your room before you turned 18
- I don't think I did. I did have use of the phone for my BBS, sporadically
- 27. Participated in an SAT/ACT prep course
- No need.
- 28. Had your own TV in your room in High School
- 29. Owned a mutual fund or IRA in High School or College
- If I did, my parents kept it from me, and it was used for college expenses.
- 31. Went on a cruise with your family
- 32. Went on more than one cruise with your family
Now back to cleaning the house. Where's the item for "Your family had a maid or cleaning service when you were growing up." I could use some of that action now.