Some positive recommendations, in descending order of how much money we've paid them so far - A Suburbs Boy Living a Country Life
[Pete and Pam's pages (photos and some commentary)]
[My Flickr Photos]
Some positive recommendations, in descending order of how much money we've paid them so far|
The omissions are perhaps as important as the named listings:
MS Money facilitated the agonizing couple of years of online bill-payment, online banking, manual entry, and reconciliation. I used an Excel PivotChart to correct artifacts, address minor variations in payee names, and organize the sorted list for commentary. Who says you can't have fun with a PC?
- Heritage Log Homes, Log Home Vendor
- [General Contractor not listed] -- I needed a "Class A" GC to satisfy the bank's underwriters. Our GC had a tendency to be conspicuously elsewhere when things were really busy and critical, like this week. To his credit, he took the job. Nobody else we contacted would touch it.
- [Log Home dry-in contractor not listed] -- The dry-in crew demonstrated some excellent craftmanship, but an overall lack of flexibility, and some really critical omissions and errors cost us enormously in time, stress, and aggravation. Completely unwilling to accept responsibility. Wrote long letters detailing his utter blamelessness.
- R E Mills Excavating -- Fantastic work; an artist with a bull-dozer. Randy and his employees saved our bacon when the GC's excavator screwed up and then flaked out...and did a far better job than they ever would have.
- Vincent Short Co -- Trim carpenter and jack-of-all trades extraordinaire. Vini and "his boys" sweated in a huge part of the quality that's gone into the house.
- [Major Hardware chain not listed] -- 'nuff said
- Tom Pappas Inc -- Tom, et al., are pretty handy guys in the concrete department. They do solid [ha-ha!] work!
- Deeben Enterprises -- The chimney and the stone wall are Kent and company's handiwork. Not cheap, but worth it.
- Dewberry & Davis -- After our job, our engineer swore off doing any more single family jobs in Loudoun's Mountainside Overlay District. That's a shame, because Tony, Kenny, and everyone at D&D really came through for us, again and again.
- Rickey Schooley Water Systems -- Septic and Water systems. It's a shame that the fine work Rickey largely gets buried underground, never to be seen again. He misses a detail here and there, but he's come through for us at crunch time.
- Temp-A-Tron, inc. -- Good price, and the heating and air conditioning systems seem quite nice.
- United Rentals and United Rentals (Aerial Division) -- Always responsive to our rental requests and the occasional equipment service need
- [National building supply chain not listed] -- A little bit of attention to detail in their pre- and post-sales work could have caught the problems in the basement before they spiralled out of control.
- Trump Electric
- Blum Plumbing and Heating
- Tim Thompson -- Installed and finished the floors. Beautiful--prettypammie's vision, realized. I have to admit to being a doubter, converted.
- Howell's Pressure Washing
- Valley Drilling Corp -- Well and Pump. Pro: four-hundred-plus foot, ~6" diameter column of nice, tasty water, pumped up from 465 feet underground. Con: When coliforms must get slaughtered, it's a pain to then flush the "residual chlorine" out of that big a water system!
- HomeCraft Remodeling -- Paint, stain, caulk, dry-wall. Excellent work.
- Shuck Fence -- Umm...the fence?
- Brill's Lumber and Logging -- Floor and cabinet lumber. Nice.
- Dulles Electric Supply -- Light fixtures rustic and unique enough to suit Pam.
- Montana Handcrafters -- Deck, stair, and loft railings.
- Matthew Peters -- Portable sawmill service
- Collin's Gutter Service
Current Mood: just kickin' it, as denoted by the gray area
so, uh... after you move in, you're not moving again for a LONG, LONG, LONG time, right?
|Date:||March 26th, 2016 06:14 pm (UTC)|| |
Apparently you are correct
We have not.
Kewl. General agreement too. I wish I could hire Pappas myself, but he's always
busy 2 years out, it seems.